It is important to design and promote your site in a way that will attract customers. By keeping track of the latest digital trends you will have competitive advantage, genethe rate traffic and get sales.
- Go Mobile: Google drives 96% of mobile traffic and the latest SEO trends focus on mobile users. Mobile devices are convenient for users searching for content.
- Ensure your content is consistent on desktop and mobile devices, make your website responsive, use structured data to increase your click-through rate and enhance search listings, optimize your site for usability, page loading speed is critical.
- For e-commerce websites use Progressive Web Apps (PWA). PWA ensures compatibility across devices, it is responsive, secured by HTTPS and it is ideal.
- Predictive and personalized search: Predictive and personalized search are on the rise. Google now makes search focus on relevance and not on keywords. Search is based on search history, social connections, geography, previous queries and retarget ads.
- Make your content highly personalized, unique and dynamic. Give your visitors information that is relevant. Tools like Google Now give the user relevant and personalized results.
- Local search: Local SEO is becoming more important. Businesses that make a shift to local search now have a competitive advantage as the internet gets crowded. Local search via an agile SEO agency is critical to personalized and relevant search results. Make sure the local intent of the user is satisfied. According to Google Research, “Most users trust search engines for local searches.”
- To get your local business visible you have to create content pages that are relevant, use local Metadata, make sure you show consistently in directories like Yelp and Google Business, get reviews from customers and have a Google My Business page.
- Voice search: More people have started using voice search on their respective devices. Voice search is great for website optimization and SEO. Voice search is faster and convenient. According to Technavio, “The voice recognition market will grow into a $601 million industry in 2019.
- Google reported that adults and teens uses voice search every day.
- To optimize your website for voice search use long tail keywords, use question and answer phrases and place your content on the first page where it will show in a featured snippet.
- Visual content: According to Cisco, online video will make up 80% of all global internet consumption in 2019.
Get your business on YouTube, embed video content on your posts and create engaging videos.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Machines understand relevance and it is important to develop content that is valuable and relevant.
ESSENTIALS FOR KEEPING TRACK OF LATEST DIGITAL TRENDS
Websites: checking websites can help you get detailed information’s on digital trends.
Blogs and forums: Reading different opinions on the same subject can help you in knowing ways in which each trend can help your business.
Twitter: Follow influential people in the digital world as they post tweets related to digital marketing and technological advances.
LinkedIn: Connect with people in the digital world. Join digital marketing groups.
Apps: Sign up for news applications to stay up to date on current affairs.
Google: Set up Google Alerts for digital trends and be updated when anything happens.
Magazines and publications: They can help you keep track of the latest digital trends
Training course: This gives you the opportunity to learn about digital marketing.